Ever wonder what happens when you donate to DIGDEEP?
1. After we process your donation, we work with our partners to find the right community in our field sites (now: Sudan, South Sudan, Cameroon and New Mexico).
2. We select a project with a unique human rights challenge. Sometimes it’s a school or community without access to clean water. It might also be a prison, an orphanage or some other marginalized group.
3. We meet the community, as our partners plan project execution. DIGDEEP works through communities, not for them, and we require active participation every step of the way.
4. Once a water project is complete, the work has only begun. We lead community-wide sanitation and hygiene education, establish long-term sustainability mechanisms like water councils, introduce human rights concepts, and assess any special needs.
5. DIGDEEP sends a field team twice a year from our LA headquarters to review projects. Our partners commit to monitoring installed projects for up to 5 years.
6. We deliver a report to you - our donors - detailing the impact of your gift. Reports include data, pictures, personal stories, maps and a list of the donations that funded that specific project.
You can view a sample report here.
DIGDEEP takes a human-centered, rights-based approach to water poverty. Want to join us? You can learn more and donate online.